Rejection!
I wanted to tell you about tomorrow night's "Duo-tacular" Rejection Show and lo and behold, when I go to the site, it's all fancy and pretty. You may already know about that, but if not, do check it out. Jon has lots of stuff for you to look at, including video and interviews (like this one) and more.
AND...you can and totally should submit your own rejection to his awesome, awesome book (I have no idea what will actually be in it but if it's not awesome, well, you can go ahead and take over my blog) Rejected, coming out from Villard in 2008.
I know some of you are probably like "we know, we know" but on the off chance that there are new readers who have never heard of The Rejection Show, do check it out. I've become a big fan of the show, and continue to find it both hilarious and inspirational. Jon is always updating and tweaking it and genuinely cares about his audience; invariably, you'll find him offering some rejected person (like Jessica Delfino when her video for "My Pussy Is Magic" was taken off YouTube) a spot on his show. And, you know, "Best Place to Publicly Relive Your Failures." I've been on the show twice - once reading hate mail and showing a video of me singing "Like a Virgin" with my friend Jodie when we were 8 or 9, and almost hurting myself from laughing so hard, and then on this year's Valentine's Day show. Both times the crowd was so warm and enthusiastic even though I felt a little self-conscious about not being a comedian.
Being friends with Jon also means that any time I see anything related to rejection in any way, I send it to him.
Here are the official show details:
It’s the 1st ever REJECTION SHOW DUO-TACULAR featuring rejected material, rejection stories, rejected videos from some of NYC’s favorite COMEDY DUO ACTS plus special guest animator Matthew Vescovo.
TWICE THE FUN! TWICE THE FUN!
The Rejection Show
Hosted by Jon Friedman
The Upright Citizens Brigade Theater
Wednesday May 9th @ 8PM
Featuring REJECTED material from:
MATTHEW VESCOVO
(Award winning ‘Watch and Learn’ MTV ad Campaign, Instructoart.com)
AND
THE 1ST EVER REJECTION SHOW DUO-TACULAR!
STUCKEY AND MURRAY
(Musical Comedy Duo Andy Stuckey and Jon Murray)
KURT AND KRISTEN
(Kristen Schaal and Kurt Braunohler)
SLOVIN AND ALLEN
(Eric Slovin and Leo Allen)
MATT AND KATINA
(Matt McCarthy and Katina Corrao)
THE COWBOY AND JOHN
(Curtis Gwinn and John Gemberling)
WALKER AND CANTRELL
(Sarah Walker and Jessie Cantrell)
STEUERNAGEL AND BURNS
(Brad Steuernagel and Mike Burns)
LIVE MUSIC from Rejection Show House Band:
THE DEFIBULATORS
And more fun REJECTION surprises and guests!
TICKETS AVAILABLE HERE!
Created, produced and hosted by writer and comedian, Jon Friedman, The Rejection Show is a comedic based event that embraces the rejected and “turned down” material of writers, comedians, cartoonists, artists, and human beings whom display their creative and personal “failures” live on stage. Now set to be a major book release titled, REJECTED published by Villard.
The Rejection Show
Hosted by Jon Friedman
Upright Citizens Brigade Theater
Wednesday May 9th @ 8PM
307 W. 26th Street
C, E, F, 1, 9 to 23rd Street
(212) 366-9176
$5
Labels: rejection, Rejection Show






















The Big Book of Submission: 69 Kinky Tales


Flying High: Sexy Stories from the Mile High Club






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home