Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Letter lovers, How to Kick People closer, Girls Who Like Boys Who Like Boys

I keep waiting to post here and then it's too late and events are over. Will do a big roundup of the madness that is June very soon, basically there's so much going on it makes me want to take off for somewhere, anywhere else and hide away. But I'll fight it and try to emerge when the book stuff's done and I'm a little better in the head. I love New York but sometimes it makes me want to toss my computer out the window and hear it crack wide open. Maybe that's just me though. I'm glad there's so much cool stuff going on, but sometimes I really don't want to know cause it just makes me feel guilty when I can't make things, and then guilty when I do go and neglect work.

In the meantime, I am taking my single self out on a hot date Friday night after the reading to see Knocked Up on opening night, just so I don't completely lose my mind in the whirl of BEA/NYC (coming soon will be my insane guide to all the YA/chick lit/feminist/comics/pop culture/chess/relationships/memoir books you can handle at BEA). Anyway...yes, right now, my life's kinda crappy so I will just tell you about things that are interesting until I can try to be again:

The lovely Samara O'Shea, author of For the Love of Letters, who some of you heard read a totally dirty James Joyce letter at In The Flesh, is at pretty paper store Papyrus tonight:

Reading and discussion on writing love letters
and thank you notes at the Papyrus store in Soho, 6:30 p.m.
73 Spring Street (between Crosby and Lafayette streets)
New York City
Admission: Free

HOW TO KICK PEOPLE FAREWELL

From Bob Powers and Todd Levin: (see also: The Apiary)

Our long-recurring monthly "visitor" is coming to an end. For now at
least.

This month will be the last How To Kick People for quite some time.
After three and a half years, Bob and Todd will be taking a much-needed
hiatus from the (cut-throat!) world of reading humorous things off of a
page in front of people. So join us on May 30th for "Parting Advice,"
the final installment in the HowToKickPeople Reading Series.

To say goodbye, we'll be joined by an unusually huge lineup of old
friends and first-timers we've been dying to have on the show,
including:

Brian Stack (writer/actor, Late Night with Conan O'Brien)
Tom Shillue (Comedy Central Presents Tom Shillue)
Christian Finnegan (Best Week Ever, Comedy Central Presents Christian
Finnegan)
Amelie Gillette (writer, The Onion's 'AV Club')
Chris Deluca (former writer, The Late Late Show With Craig Kilborn)
and a video from Steve Burns (former host of Blue's Clues, current
musician) & Paul Ford (associate editor, Harpers.org; author, GARY
BENCHLEY, ROCK STAR)

HOW TO KICK PEOPLE: "PARTING ADVICE"
Wednesday, May 30th, at 7:30pm
Mo Pitkin's House of Satisfaction
34 Avenue A, b/w 2nd and 3rd Streets
Admission: $8 (advance tickets here: http://tinyurl.com/39swp7)
for more information, visit www.howtokickpeople.com

The anthology Girls Who Like Boys Who Like Boys, edited by Melissa de la Cruz and Tom Dolby, which has a website that pretty much puts any other anthology-specific websites to shame, is being read from tonight and there are a bunch of other dates, including, sadly, one at Soho House that I can't make cause it's the Lammys tomorrow.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007
Barnes & Noble, Chelsea
675 Sixth Avenue, 212.727.1675
7pm Reading
Tom Dolby, Melissa de la Cruz, Andrew Solomon, Simon Doonan, Zach Udko,
Elizabeth Spiers, Karen Robinovitz

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home