Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Thursday, May 31, 2007

BEA!


Always Good Advice
Originally uploaded by publishersmarketplace
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday you can find me at the Javits Center at BEA. My book did not win a Lammy but you can still get a free copy of it Saturday at 1 pm at the Haworth booth, #1503. It was great to see so many fabulous writers all at once, people like Tristan Taormino, Hillary Carlip, Michelle Tea, Kate Bornstein, Barbara Carrellas, Josh Kilmer-Purcell, and I'm sure a ton of others I'm forgetting. Greg Herren introduced the erotica categories, drunk, to much hilarity.

As for BEA, I think it's my 6th one. I'm totally psyched but we'll see how long my crazy energy lasts. At a certain point, I hit a wall, and just want to go home and curl up in bed with my new books. But still, there's something intoxicating about all those books, all those people there who care about books, all those writers. It's also kindof scary because you wonder how the hell your book will ever even be seen by a single reader amidst all those others but it also makes you see how there's room for everyone in the literary marketplace. That may sound like an exaggeration, and yes, there are barriers to entry, but increasingly less so. I like to wander around the self-published and small press areas just to see what's out there. There's such a vast array and as much as I have certain yummy beachy fun books I definitely want to get, part of the fun of BEA for me is discovering new, often random books, which sometimes will sit on my shelves for a year before something urges me to check them out. These days, I'm never at a loss for a stack of books, not to mention my own that I'm banging out the last pieces of, but there's always room for more. Always more to see and be excited about and look forward to. See Publisher's Marketplace's Flickr for more pics. I'll be taking many myself.

I generally plan to be in the autographing area quite a bit, and have some friends I want to see, and a few agents and editors I've corresponded with who I want to meet. Trying not to get overwhelmed by it all before it even starts. And gifts, I love finding great books for gifts. Sandra Boynton tomorrow at 2!! Because, you know, my baby-wanting hormones need that extra pus. And, just for the juxtaposition, I have to hit the Goliath booth for Pulp Fetish and Naked Girls Smoking Weed. Will report back on the madness, right now have to finish some work and get some sleep so I can be ready to be on my feet all day.

Also come on out Monday night at 8 to Galapagos to hear me and Audacia Ray read. A little birdie told me that Molly Crabapple might be in the house too. Yes, I am luring you with the eye candy that is Molly, cause I adore her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home