Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Voila - comment away!

Thanks to my fabulous webmaster and all-around photographic genius Brian Van, this blog now has (moderated) comments turned on after who knows how long away from them. All I ask is that you be kinder than Feministing's commenters. That's not really asking that much, is it? (And for the record, I heart Feministing and Jessica and Samhita.)

I was inspired by the reams of comments I've seen on other blogs, the discussions and debates and support. I sometimes don't want to know who's reading, because it makes me nervous and self-conscious, but at the same time, I think you're a smart, thoughtful bunch and do welcome your feedback. Just, you know, try not to tell me the many ways I'm not a feminist. Feel free to start rkbisnotafeminist.blogspot.com or something for that. It's all yours.

Update: In an insomnia-induced moment, I just want to say thank you. To whoever's reading. I forget sometimes that these random deep or superficial thoughts I upload (download? I honestly am so technologically backwards that those two confuse me) out of my brain actually matter to people. Though at SXSW I could tell who was reading every time I posted. :) Anyway, my point was that of course I should've added comments here ages ago instead of being scared off by some crazy people. And of course the first two comments were from two of my favorite people. Thank you to the wonderful Viviane, who has been absolutely one of the biggest supporters and encouragers of this blog, my column, and, more importantly, me. She is a blog cheerleader of the highest order, lets me show my tits on her site, organizes fabulous blogerrific soirees and knows everything about everything related to sex and blogging. Seriously. And Rebecca Woolf is going to take over the world, if she hasn't already. And not because national media wants to fake sit up and pay attention to mock "hipster parent" bloggers, but because she tells the truth. Plain and simple as that. Her book Rock the Cradle hits bookstores in January. Get ready.

6 Comments:

At March 15, 2007, Blogger Viviane said...

I am so, so glad you turned on commenting!

Commenting is so much a part of blogging, and (hopefully) adds so much to the conversation.

And you should create and hide rkbisnotafeminist *yourself* and hide it. Cause if you don't, I will.

xoxoxo

 
At March 16, 2007, Blogger Allison Bojarski said...

Yay comments!

 
At March 16, 2007, Blogger Derek said...

Hurray for Rachel!

 
At March 16, 2007, Blogger Desiree said...

I'm also glad you enabled the comments. I read your blog every day. It inspires me. I'm an aspiring writer (who also adores cupcakes). Keep it up!

-Desiree

 
At March 21, 2007, Blogger Jessica Valenti said...

Aw, we heart you too!!

 
At March 21, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally! What I've been waiting for! Comments!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home