Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Yay, or Books That Make Me Happy Before They Event Exist

Rebecca blogged about this recently (beautifully, as is almost every blog post of hers) and now it's officially official:

NON-FICTION: PARENTING
Rebecca Woolf's ROCK THE CRADLE: Adventures in Urban Motherhood, Based on the blog (This) Girl's Gone Child, following a free spirited city-girl who goes through the biological makeover of an unexpected pregnancy, childbirth, and the first years of babyhood, navigating it all without a rule book, to Brooke Warner at Seal Press, in a nice deal, by Laura Rennert at Andrea Brown Literary Agency (NA).


I extra love this cause I've recently fallen in total love with Rebecca's blog and go there and am simply awed by her way with words and her ability to cope with parenting at an age when most of us are stumbling home at the crack of dawn. Certainly I wasn't ready then, though, as I probably tell at least one person every day, I am now. Anyway, I raced to email Brooke Warner and, as is our way, she was already on it. I didn't even know Rebecca was shopping a book proposal but I'm so glad, and truly can't wait to read it.

Don't worry, though, I don't quite need this one just yet:

NON-FICTION: PARENTING
Magazine editor and journalist Louise Sloan's KNOCK YOURSELF UP: No man? No Problem. A Tell-All Guide to Becoming a Single Mom, a humorous and heartfelt guide for the increasing number of women opting to have babies without men, to Lucia Watson at Avery, at auction, by Ryan Fischer-Harbage at Vigliano Associates (world).


Also, from yesterday's Publishers Marketplace:

Cancer Vixen author Marisa Acocella Marchetto's graphic novel about what a powerful New York woman who is suddenly "connected" to what everyone else is saying and thinking, again to Robin Desser at Knopf, by Elizabeth Sheinkman at Curtis Brown UK (US).

I just got a galley of Bright Lights, Big Ass, which I think should really be read while on the exercise bike or treadmill or something at the gym. So good thing there's more Jen to look forward to:

NON-FICTION: MEMOIR
BITTER IS THE NEW BLACK and BRIGHT LIGHTS, BIG ASS author Jen Lancaster's third book, PRETTY FAT: One Narcissist's Quest to Discover If Her Life Makes Her Ass Look Big; Or, Why Pie Is Not the Answer, the story of the heretofore-unabashedly-plus-sized Jen's quest to lose fifty pounds in six months by any means possible, to Kara Cesare at NAL, for six figures, by Kate Garrick at DeFiore and Company (NA).


As busy as I am lately, as much as I stress and freak out, books keep me sane. I hoard them, I admit, stacking them up next to me, starting one and then putting ti down in favor of another. I'm fickle, but I also want to read everything. I know I can't, but that doesn't stop me from trying. On some very primal level, kindof like babies, books make me happy. Holding them, reading them, telling people about them. I geek out over them and I can never understand people who maybe manage to read a book a year, and it's an effort. "I'm too busy to read" just isn't a phrase I can comprehend.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home