Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Monday, February 19, 2007

The hotness of Molly Crabapple, with a side of Jordan Carlos



Molly Crabapple is almost too freaking hot. Every time I see her I get all squirmy and want to stroke her hair. I feel like every time I talk about her I'm sexually objectifying her...probably because I am. But I don't think she minds. It's in an innocent way although I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers (I hate that phrase, actually, but can't think of a better one right now). She has this way of walking through a room that makes every single person there notice her, whether they know who she is or not. I've walked a few blocks with her and totally gotten schooled in how to walk in high heels. It's an art form Molly has fully mastered.

But what I really wanted to tell you is that she's about to go on a whirlwind book tour for Dr. Sketchy's Official Rainy Day Colouring Book and you would be wise to go see her (or become a groupie and follow her on the tour).

I've also heard that she and Lady J. are going to be storming Comic Con at the Javits Center this weekend and coaxing orgasms dollars out of the pockets of many a comic boy (and girl, no doubt).

And yes, I do think she's smoking hot, but she's also one of the sweetest, hardest working, and most talented people I know. She volunteered to I mean, she volunteered to draw the In The Flesh logo and now that's often how I'm remembered. The other night at Mo Pitkin's Jordan Carlos (whose new Nickelodeon show for kids debuted tonight and you should totally check it out!) was like "I've seen you...there's a drawing on your website, right?" and it took a while for me to figure out that's what he was talking about. (Another aside: do read his Washington Post Op-Ed piece, "My Shtick? Being Black." Here's a snippet: "I cornered a "Daily Show" writer, doing my best to get the inside track on a possible actor/writer gig. We broached the subject of black correspondents. He told me that they "tried a black guy once, but it didn't work out." I nearly threw my imported beer in his face. Tried it once and it didn't work? You say that about Toyotas, not a whole race of people.)

So yes, I think Molly's incredibly curvy, gorgeous, and basically a sex symbol for my generation, but I also think she deserves to take over the world with her delicious drawings, anti-art school, sex positiveness and general kick-ass, community-minded attitude. You can read my interviews with her here and here, but if you want just one more example of how freaking awesome she is, here you go: the girl eats fire!



(I will also just add on here, probably redundantly, that this is how my mind works, so deal or don't read. I jump from Molly to Jordan to 100 other things and I know some people can't keep up, but that's just how I am. If I waited for the right moment to post all the extraneous asides, they'd never get posted, kinda like the backlog of "to post" emails sitting in my drafts folder.)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home