Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Figleaf naked folding laundry...and other random thoughts


Folding Laundry 049
Originally uploaded by Figleaf.
Figlead wrote about the whole NSFW thing and linked to this Flickr set of him naked folding laundry with the tagline:

I'm still not sure what the big deal is but lots of people say the sexiest thing a man can do is fold laundry. I'm testing this hypothesis. :-)

I have to say, I have never understood the whole "the sexiest thing you could do is wash the dishes/take out the garbage/do the laundry/etc." way of thinking. Granted, I have never lived with anyone and, well, I'm a huge slob to put it very, very, very mildly (and yes, I know some of you are awaiting photos of my apartment and you will just have to keep waiting, sorry). But now it's just me and I kinda like it that way, well, I actually want to clean up but I want to do it in my own way. But I still can't imagine saying that "the sexiest thing" a guy could do is some chore. It might be the thing I (or whoever) most want them to do but the equation of it with sexiness, even if done naked, just doesn't really fit for me. Now, what would be the sexiest thing a guy could do, that I will have to ponder.

Not really related but oh well (am I ever totally on topic here?)...I do have to say that I finally finished this 4,000 word short story, the one from the guy's POV that I was really laboring over. Well, it's done and it's hot, which is good for my story but seriously, uh, served its purpose. I almost never get turned on writing my own stories; I'm too much of a workaholic/nerd for that and it seems so narcissistic somehow. I blush when I read certain stories of mine but I think because this one was sortof personal but then went off in a really weird, fictional, crazy direction, that took some of that away. We shall see, but I was just happy to complete something. It's amazing to me just how much dirtier I can write as a guy. And maybe it's not even "dirtier" it's just a different mindset when I write, and I don't know what that says about men's and women's thinking about sex beyond my little example but it's true for me.

So many new projects I want to start but am wrapping up the old ones, all at once, it seems. It'll be good next week when the bulk of the work is done; right now these various anthologies are in the half-formed, murky, could-go-like-this-or-could-go-like-that stage. Also, some very good news to be announced...someday. At the snail's pace publishing moves, especially post-AMS, I could be 32 but suffice it to say, it's happy news.

In not so happy news, thanks to this AMS debacle, my He's on Top and She's on Top books, which I am more excited about than any of my previous ones (they're all my babies but really, these are so yummy), will not be available as kinky Valentine's Day gifts as I'd originally intended. If all goes according to plan, they will be available in late March which pushes back the virtual book tour I'm planning (anyone part of that, stay tuned for details but we're moving it to April) but I have no fear that once the hotness hits the shelves, people will buy them. I'm starting to realize that's all I can do, and this is a prime example of where that whole Serenity Prayer philosophy, which, at the moment, is as close as I get to actual prayer, comes into play.

I had a panic attack, or a close approximation of one, last night. I just walked into this bar to play Boggle and freaked out and went to the bathroom and almost cried but then I just got myself together and went back upstairs and had dinner and played my favorite game and got to catch up with the amazing Melissa Sands (need a food - or other - photographer? She's your girl). So maybe I need to just focus on the positive, as much as that often feels like wrenching my brain out of the negative by force.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home