Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Monday, January 22, 2007

Blog for Choice Day

(ren
Blog for Choice Day - January 22, 2007


I’m pro-choice because, at 31, I hope to be a mom sometime in the next few years, and I want my child(ren) to be welcomed into this world with 100% love and affection. I want to become a mom when I want to and because I actively chose motherhood. I’m pro-choice because in the last year I’ve had more pregnancy scares than anyone should, and having the option of Plan B helped lessen my worry. I’m pro-choice because I love children, and women, and don’t think the former should ever be forced on the latter. I’m pro-choice because I believe in allowing women to control our own bodies and in taking that responsibility seriously. I’m pro-choice because I don’t want to go back to a time when women had little control over our own reproduction, when sex was so fraught with fear that heterosexual (and bisexual) women couldn’t truly enjoy and engage in it without undue stress. I’m pro-choice because even though some types of sex can result in babies, children shouldn’t be an unwanted consequence. I’m pro-choice because I believe in sexual freedom and that said freedom can coincide with parenting by choice as well.

As I wrote last year in my column, “I’m Pro-Choice and I Fuck:”

I'm pro-choice because I couldn't fully enjoy sex were I consumed with worry about the potential consequences. I'm pro-choice for all my friends who've had abortions and gone on to do great things, who are better women for being childless (for now). I'm pro-choice for the new moms and dads I know who were able to actively choose to become parents. I'm pro-choice for all those babies, like my new cousin Adam, born knowing they're 100 percent loved and wanted.

See also: Jessica Valenti's "A Roe Resolution: Trust Women" at the Huffington Post

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home