Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

My new favorite blog: Girl's Gone Child

This luxurious and rare three-day weekend I plan to read the entirety of my new favorite blog, Girl's Gone Child. That woman can WRITE. I mean, she blows me away and has brought tears to my eyes and made me realize the kind of writing I truly want to do. Honest, open, heartfelt. Maybe not on this blog and who knows for what venue, but it reminded me again why I love writing. And that I want to be a mom, not that I needed reminding, but it's good for me to see that it is possible, even for someone like me. Sometimes I just feel like I've boxed myself into a corner writingwise, and while I still have lots of plans with erotica and Sexual Freedom for All, I never want that to be all I can do or all that I think I'm capable of. I guess I'm greedy and I want it all, and these kick-ass mommy and daddy bloggers show me a way out, a way to be real and honest and true and sexy and still be a good parent. I know I have a ways to go but I feel like I am trying to move beyond the little niche I've somehow created that too often feels like a noose. I love it, don't get me wrong, I just don't want to ever settle whether it's relationships or writing. I feel like I found this blog just when I needed to be reminded about authenticity and emotion and everything I love about writing.

This post, "On Past and Present Futures," really wowed me:

I said I love you to everyone who needed to be loved but did I love them? Of course not. I loved saying so. I loved that my love was enough to make a difference, at least until morning. I loved that my words could be an easy fix, could numb the pain. Fix a moment. Fix an hour. Fix a life. I loved that I could be the strong one, even though I was falling apart. I felt like I was worth something. I was alive.

Rebecca also now writes Babble's "Straight From the Bottle" column.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home