Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Saturday, October 28, 2006

off to the city of angels

It's been a long day and night, all blurred together, much like last night where drunken revelers decided to howl outside the window all night so sleep became more of a fuzzy utopian concept than something I actually did. I'm so emotionally drained I'm almost numb, but I'm also really happy and hopeful even as I set out into the pouring rain for LaGuardia. At the very last minute (just my style), I found my missing checkbook so can mail in my rent. My place is still a colossal disaster but I did try to clear some paths. I have a suitcase stuffed to the brim with clothes that may or may not be weather appropriate, as I haven't checked the weather in LA or SF, and way more books than I can possibly read but want to cart along anyway. Two are even related to LA - Hollywoodland by Jennifer Banash, and Literacy and Longing in L.A. by Jennifer Kaufman and Karen Mack. I've also got Grant Stoddard's Working Stiff, Gael Greene's Insatiable, Michael Musto's La Dolce Musto, a few YA novels, and an ingeniously evil book proposal. Plus notes and a bit of work but I'm kindof looking forward to even that, done at my leisure, not quite so frantically as I've been going recently.

I have so many fabulous people I want to see while I'm there - DCypher, Wendy Spero, Dave Naz, Kemp Powers, Cinnamon, and in SF, Violet Blue, Alison Tyler, Thomas Roche, Rachel Sarah, Samantha Wolov. I love how connected I am to all these fabulous artists and writers all over the place and am especially excited to meet the people I've only corresponded with. I'm trying to keep that in mind when I'm not tempted to feel sorry for myself because I'm actually feeling really strong and know I can take care of myself and make the right choices. Also, even though I haven't been in the mood for sweets at all, I have a slew of bakeries I know I need to document - Sprinkles, Leda's Bake Shop, Citizen Cupcake, Miette, Love at First Bite...will make a master list when I arrive.

Songs of the day: "Life is Sweet" by Natalie Merchant and "Things You Say" by Sleater-Kinney and "The Bridge" by Mary Lou Lord

When I get an iPod (which I am going to request from one of my parents for my birthday), perhaps these will be at the touch of a button, but for now, they're in my head.

Also, sign of the apocalypse? I am wearing pants. New ones! Making my total collection of pants up to...2. Don't even have a clue where jeans might live, but I kinda like my pants. I may try this again more often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home