Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

"Gay Under Penetration" letter

Village Voice letters to the editor

Undetected

I totally relate to Rachel Kramer Bussel's "Gay Until Penetration" [Lusty Lady, June 21–27], but as a gay woman who is consistently mistaken for being straight. In fact, it took me a long time to realize that I really don't like men on a more than a case-by-case basis because I didn't fit my own assumptions about what a lesbian is. It's still difficult to convince my family that I'm not going through a phase. They expect me to be a Birkenstock-wearing, short-haired typical dyke, but I'm just a girl who likes girls, even though I don't set off most people's gaydar. I think it's unfortunate that people don't realize that sexuality isn't necessarily about how you dress and do your hair.

Janet Werther

Buffalo, New York

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home