Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

The notches on my bedpost

So someone googled "rachel bussel, number of sex partners" to get to my blog, or rather, to find that out. A) I'm not telling and B) If and when I do, it will be in my column. Maybe that google search will go in my column, because that's what the column is about - who cares? Why does it matter? Will a number tell you something about me you don't already know? To me, a number hardly tells me a thing. A girl I know was rattling off her and her sister's numbers the other day, and it was a little hard to compute. Numbers make me want to break them down and say "tell me about each of those lovers." I want the story, the details, the drama, the highs and the lows, the foreplay and the play-by-play. A number gives me none of that.

If you have an opinion on this (and I want to talk to a range of people, not just straight girls), email me at rachelkb at gmail.com - in the meantime, check out the fabulous Karyn Bosnak and her forthcoming novel 20 Times a Lady, about a woman who asks herself that very question, and NIchelle's Stop Counting blog.

Re: my whore post - the point is, you could fuck 1 person and still be called a whore. That label, along with the slut label, really has no bearing on your actual activity, which was my point. I sometimes toss those words around so lightly because it's funny to me. But I'm not a "slut" for the sake of being a slut. I feel very "been there, done that" about a lot of things, even things I wrote about in early columns. I'm not looking to get laid every night of the week, or even every month of the year, etc. (I think you get the point). I don't even know "what I'm looking for" per se, which makes contemplating online profiles kindof tough. But I think I'm pretty lucky in that most of the time, I meet people who get it - not, for instance, the guy who brags at a party about the number of girls he's banged. That, to me, is totally stupid, but also what one might expect from that same person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home