Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Friday, April 21, 2006

You tell 'em, Lily!

Lily Burana has a newly redesigned website in preparation for the release of her luscious-looking first novel, Try. I got sent a copy this week and am going to dig into it more soon, but I really liked this Q&A with her, especially this part (bolding mine):

Q: Early on in the story, you describe how Daryl's ex-boyfriend repeatedly made her feel she-masculated. You define this term as being the female equivalent to emasculated. Why is it that no such term exists for a woman left to feel less womanly? Have you coined it here?

A: Well, I coined it, but I wish I hadn't had to! It seems to be that every young woman I know struggles with balancing her desire to do her own thing with her deeply ingrained need for nurturing, protection, and all the sweet little romantic gestures that make us feel alive. It saddens me that one of the casualties of the gender wars of the past forty-plus years is romance. Let me state emphatically for all the world to hear: The need for autonomy and the need for romance are not, and never will be, mutually exclusive. I may long for a room of my own, but I also long for a simple bouquet of hand-picked wildflowers brought to me for the vase in the corner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home