Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Friday, April 21, 2006

Latest Lusty Lady column, "Long Live Blowjob Nation"

Long Live Blowjob Nation
Proud cocksuckers share why they love going down


Complete with Brandy Barber's photo of me trying to somehow pretend to give a straw a blowjob. You know someone's a good friend when you just casually mention, at a comedy show, "Hey, I need a photo for my blowjob column . . ." and they whip out their camera and are totally cool with it. I'm calling this my dirtiest column, kindof a companion to my dirtiest story, not coincidentally also about blowjobs.

I was going to call this column "The Joy of Cocksucking" but I want to save that, maybe for "The Joy of Spanking." Anyway, my spirited defense of the blowjob. It's a little weird to me because I know some people will only read that one piece and form a certain impression of me, which isn't necessarily incorrecct (yes, grammar gods, kill me now) but is a part of who I am. I probably give blowjobs three times a year; I do plenty of other stuff more often than that. It would be nice, one of these days, though, to find someone to go to movies with me, eat cupcakes with, be dorky with, and give blowjobs to, if they're a guy. I'm back to the drawing board on that one but I feel pretty good about it all; there's none of the drama like over the unprotected sex guy. No more tears is my motto when it comes to dating in 2006. So yeah, for anyone who was there on Wednesday, this is a "confession," but I have to say, I'm much prouder of what I read on Wednesday.

One more thing on the column - I slam Caitlin Flanagan for basically saying blowjobs are degrading, but I didn't hate her new book, To Hell With All That, and actually gave it a pretty decent review in BUST. I don't love everything she says about being a housewife, but believe it or not, some of it I found moving. But that still doesn't mean cocksucking is inherently bad or degrading.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home