Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Links for the lazy

The lazy one being me. And thanks for everyone who's said kind things in the last few days. I go up and down, all the time, within the span of a day it can happen several times. I've been both trying to kick my own ass by eating healthily and not torturing myself mentally, and getting about a zillion things done, so my sleep's been off and I've been a little emotionally erratic. So many good things all at once, a few so-so things, just a lot on my mind. Fingers crossed that I get a few days in Puerto Rico in the sun, where all I have to do is lie around, swim, and change diapers. I so need that right now, but really, good things are in the air, I can feel it.

Karyn Bosnak sells her book 20 Times a Lady (which I'm dying to read!) to New Line

Karyn Bosnak, who became a mini media sensation three years ago for her lack of credit-card restraint and for the Web site she created in order to beg for cash from the public, has sold her upcoming novel to New Line Cinema.

"20 Times a Lady," which will be published in July by HarperCollins, centers on a woman who has hit her sexual quota -- 20 men -- and decides to track down the previous 19 guys, hoping to have overlooked "the one." Bosnak will write the adaptation.


Portia Da Costa defends erotica

I'm sure any erotica writer worth their salt wants their characters to seem as real and layered as they are sexy. Hell, story people aren't worth writing or reading if they're not properly characterised. There's also a perception here and there that in erotica there's only one type of relationship. The sex. Well, that's not true either. The characters in erotica can share tenderness, respect, mutual protectiveness, fondness, and even just plain platonic liking for each other, as well as the sex. And HEA isn't really a differentiator between erotica and erotic romance either. I've read plenty of erotica where the central couple end up together permanently and happily at the end, whether that's in a marriage or as a non married couple. They don't have to, but a lot of them do.

NBC gives lawyers a bad name by trying to halt You Tube showing "Lazy Sunday"

WFMU is giving away a bucket o' smut

"Inside Publishing: A Publicist's Guide to the Business" at Poets & Writers (via Mark Pritchard)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home