Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Sunday, January 22, 2006

I don't know if I'll be able to stomach this one, so to speak

But I'll try if it gets released here.

"Eating In Smaller Bites And Not Choking," David Poland's 10 Days of Sundance, Movie City News

I saw my first great film of Sundance 2006 today. It's called Thin and it's a document of an in-patient treatment center for eating disorders, focusing centrally on the lives of four of the women who had checked themselves in...

Of course, one of the most compelling things about Thin is that even as some of these women face their part in the responsibility for their conditions, that still is not enough to stop them from killing themselves.

To watch a human being struggle to eat a cupcake in 20 minutes, bit by bit, disgusted by the prospect... it is a powerful thing... almost incomprehensible to a "healthy" person. But each of us struggle with some kind of cupcake at different moments of our lives. And sometimes, the cupcake eats us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home