Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Final post of 2005

It was a veritable Overheard-fest at the liquor store - I walk in and this girl from Texas goes: "Christy and I are such good friends because we both like to drink." Then I'm waiting on line and this girl goes to this guy "I thought you wanted to throw up tonight." I, on the other hand, already feel queasy from whatever this bug I have is but I'm off to a party in Queens and a brunch tomorrow as my way of defying the odds and making my last nightly outing for a while.

I think it's fitting that I bought a dozen cupcakes at sugar Sweet sunshine today because I spend so much time there and plan to spend much more. It's going to be my new place to go to write in public, since when I try to "write" at home I wind up sleeping, reading, going online, cleaning, watching movies, etc.

Listening to some very apropos Kirsty MacColl, who somehow manages to make even heartbreak sound sexy. I certainly spent way too much of 2005 letting my wayward heart rule my brain, though I can't really apologize for it, but hopefully I've learned something from those 20-something fiascos about protecting myself just a wee bit more. Part of me wishes I could not care at all, but I do, always, but, once again, the serenity prayer and all that. I can only work on myself and try to make myself into the best person I can be, and even if I'm the only one who ever winds up appreciating that, that's still something worthwhile to strive for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home