Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Zane's Call for Submissions for Caramel Flava

Zane is on my In The Flesh wish list - so far, nothing's worked out, but maybe down the road, that would be awesome. Anyway, I saw this call on the Erotica Readers & Writers Association site and thought it might be of interest. It's rare to see public calls for erotica from major publishers. 250,000 copies is...a LOT more than my books sell! But I have more books on the way, many more at this point (more on that later), though I am hoping to make the leap to a big publisher soon, but we'll see. For now, I am plugging away, working with some of my favorite indie presses and editing really cool, fun anthologies, to be released in 2006 and 2007. I highly recommend ERWA for all sorts of info on writing erotica.

Caramel Flava
Editor: Zane
Publisher: Atria Books (a division of Simon and Schuster)
Deadline: February 14, 2006

Caramel Flava—the long anticipated follow-up to Chocolate Flava, which has gone into the umpteenth printing--will be released in the Summer of 2006. The authors selected will receive $300.00 and five complimentary copies of the book. The exposure is priceless because the book will sell a minimum of 250,000 copies and will be marketed cross- culturally. Keep in mind that most books published never sell more than 10,000 copies during their entire shelf life.

Stories must be between 3,000 and 5,000 words. Stories must feature at least one character of Latino descent. Stories must be erotic and if you have no idea what my idea of erotica is, you need to read Chocolate Flava. I am not looking for stories with weak, sugar-coated sex. Nor am I looking for stories that are nothing but fluff. There must be a storyline and characters readers can get into. Stories cannot be degrading to either sex. In fact, they should empower the reader to discover sexual liberation.

Unlike other erotica anthologies that concentrate on getting well known authors to participate, I am looking for erotic stories, and names have nothing to do with it. That will not determine the success of this book because it will be without relying on that; just as Chocolate Flava has been and that book is full of people using obvious pen names. I am more interested in discovering new and powerful voices. As with Chocolate Flava, Caramel Flava will be divided into three sections a male section, a female section, and will end with a section of stories written by me.

The deadline for submissions is Valentine's Day. I will not accept email submissions. All submissions must be sent to:
Strebor Books International
ATTN Caramel Flava
PO Box 6505
Largo, MD 20792.

Blessings,

Zane

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home