Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Monday, September 26, 2005

ah, the old forgotten drunk post

It's funny how you forget...the glorious headrush swirl, the absence of all that angst that plagues you every other minute, the self-consciousness. It's funny how a few sips seem to make it all okay. I don't make a practice of drinking; in fact, I very rarely do it. But once in a while, it's nice to indulge...not just those sweet peach sips, but to treat myself - to a top, to a skirt, to a lipstick, to a pedicure, to looking and feeling my best. To letting it all go ("just let it all go at once/not piece by piece/like a whole bucket of stars/dumped into the universe" -- sleater-kinney, "get up"). We shall see in two weeks whether I've made any sense, but for the moment, I feel good, I feel happy, I feel sated, I feel okay. FOr a few minutes anyway, I don't feel like that awful failure, that fucked up girl who can't get anything right. I feel like a girl with something to say, who maybe has learned something in this decade of NYC living, who's ready for the next step.

Anyway, to make a long story short - I'm ready for my closeup. Check back in two weeks from today. In the meantime, Gothamist interviews this week and other assorted blog treats await. I may even take up baking someday soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home