Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Monday, August 29, 2005

The Worst Noel and countless other literary events

I plan to spend the fall and winter nights bunkering down in my apartment writing, planning my reading series, and getting my life organized. Seriously, I love that I live in New York with all kinds of readings every night and of course want people to attend mine (like tonight at Galapagos) BUT...I can't go to readings often cause they just remind me of how much I need to do, all the book deals I don't have, and they activity my writer jealousy-o-meter that I try super hard to keep in check. And I know it's not jealousy but hard work, hours spent actually in Word and not Explorer, that will get me anywhere. And that's what I'm trying to do as I try to get a book and a book proposal out the door before my trip, along with, oh, interviews questions, a column or two, and reading a whole book and packing. So anyway, almost everything I post here (or, ahem, forward) is an FYI. I may go, I may not go. There's tons of things I want to go to but just don't have time for, so we'll see. As it stands now, the week I return is packed to the brim with Jill Soloway readings, The Rejection Show, The Reputation at CMJ, Sweet Paprika and Sara Schaefer, but since it's just me making these plans, I feel totally free to break them and bunker down in my room. Basically, the more I go out, the more I want to stay in. Thank goodness I have a vacation coming up.

Lots of events coming up at The Strand, including:

The Worst Noel: Hellish Holiday Tales with authors Cynthia Kaplan, John Marchese, Valerie Frankel, and Mike Albo

November 17 06:30PM - 08:30PM

With the holiday season fast approaching local New York authors help us to laugh, groan and commiserate about the horrible personal holiday stories that each of us has! Among them, Mike Albo (The Underminer) and his romantic Christmas-in-Paris dream, which turns into a nightmare after an accident leaves him with a bloodied cross on his forehead, and the festive car ride that Cynthia Kaplan (Why I'm Like This) takes, which goes astray when she hits a deer and Donner is Dead becomes her family's holiday story. Also reading, Valeria Frankel (The Accidental Virgin) and John Marchese (Building the Magical Box). Authors will personalize copies of The Worst Noel.

Lots of events at the New York Public Library, including:

A Celebration of The Paris Review: Salman Rushdie, Philip Gourevitch and Miranda July

Saturday, September 17, 2005
at 7:00 PM
Celeste Bartos Forum

Salman Rushdie reads and Philip Gourevitch, the new editor of The Paris Review, interviews Salman Rushdie. Miranda July performs. Co-presented with The Paris Review and Picador.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home