Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Friday, July 11, 2008

Argh - SO glad it's Friday!

Had a kindof aggravating day because even though my publisher Cleis Press got their copies of my new book Spanked in, mine, which I requested a while ago because I have In The Flesh on Thursday the 17th and a spanking talk/workshop on Saturday the 19th at TES, did not arrive. I am getting one at home tomorrow (fingers crossed!) so it can be put to special use in the book trailer, which shoots on Sunday and debuts next week. I'm a book trailer virgin so that's exciting but a little nervewracking. I am hoping the book comes in time so I can still partake of my massage with Desiree. I did get my very first royalty check for Naughty Spanking Stories from A to Z (which just covers my book trailer) and very cute photobooth snaps in the mail. Yes, it's true, I have a crush on the USPS. All of it.

Here's a photo of me from Media Meshing last night, with Bill Cammack (via his Flickr). Yes, my t-shirt, courtesy of the lovely Jess of Sugadeaux Cupcakes and imported from Australia, really says "My Cupcakes Bring All The Boys To the Yard." Even though there's only one boy I really care about like that. Still, love the shirt and will be wearing it often. You can get your own right here.



In one more bit of happy news, how gorgeous is this cover shot for Best Sex Writing 2009? It still has to be updated to reflect guest judge Brian Alexander, MSNBC sex columnist (and book is still in progress), but it makes me happy just to look at it. TGIF - have a great weekend everyone! And thanks to everyone who wrote me or commented about the stalker post. That situation is quiet for now, and I hope it stays that way. As for my decision to write about it - as with most of my life, that's how I best process things. It was important for me to document it, and to spread the word, both to get support and just to share. I understand people's qualms about my doing so, but I think on the Blogger 10 Commandments, there should be something like, "Don't tell someone what not to blog." Same goes for writing; I think it's kindof insulting to say that to someone (even though I know in the cases it happened with, it's from people who totally care about and support me). I'm just saying, I see both sides and made a decision. The idea that one should be cowed into silence by bullies/freaks/psychos/stalkers is, to my mind, akin to blaming the victim.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home