Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Friday, December 02, 2016

Act fast: Best Bondage Erotica 2014 is only $1.99! Or, I love BookBub

Short version: for the next three days, get Best Bondage Erotica 2014 for $1.99 for Kindle, Nook, Google Play, iBooks and Kobo. Sale ends Sunday, December 4, 2016.

bbe2014kindlesale

Long version: Sadly, sometimes books I love just as much as my other ones don't quite reach their intended audience. But the cool thing is that other times, they get put on sale and through the magic that is BookBub, a site that shares books sale news with its followers, which I truly consider magical, they get catapulted back into the world at a huge discount, $1.99, and instantly, tons of new people discover them. I don't know how the behind the scenes works over at BookBub, but I am beyond grateful when my books go on sale there, because it means that new readers get to discover them, and I never have to feel like my Cleis Press books are dead. I've worked with numerous publishers in my career, some before the ubiquity of ebooks, and those are truly pretty much dead, out of print and probably never to return, so when books get a second chance, I am truly glad.

I've been thinking a lot lately about my labor and worth and value about where I want to go next with my life and career, and knowing that my books will continue on in five, ten, fifteen, etc., years, gives me more reason to keep on brainstorming new anthologies. If you want to now the minute my books go on sale, follow me on BookBub. The other great thing about them is that you can subscribe to your other favorite authors if they participate and also by category so if you're into erotic romance, you can get new ones for free and cheap every single day.

I don't know about you, but I often have a short attention span, which is probably why I love editing anthologies so much. So sometimes I get a book and realize a few pages in it's not my cup of tea. BookBub sales let you sample new authors cheaply and sometimes for no cost, which I think is pretty awesome. And as someone who still makes a large portion of my living from book sales, I am thrilled to have these older books, which bookstores probably won't stock because they want the hottest, newest, shiniest titles on their shelves, get to have a second life and help me pay my rent. One reason why I enjoy and am honored to be working with Cleis Press is that with the exception of one book, Crossdressing and the two that were e-book only, all the rest are still in print. That matters to me, even if the wave of the future is not with print erotica. The reality is, about 80-90% of readers read my books in ebook or listen in audiobook. I personally tend to buy print because it's easier on my eyes but I want my books to be accessible whatever form people want to read them in. I also want them to be available to people who may not have $15.95 to spend on a book, but might have the equivalent of a cup of coffee. As a consumer, I try to balance what I can afford with my print preference, but seeing ebooks I want to read for such bargain prices often sways me. So long story short, if you missed this book when it first came out or want to give it to someone as a gift, get it on sale now. The next one up for sale will be Come Again: Sex Toy Erotica on December 13th, which I'm also thrilled about because that's one of my favorite books I've edited with, I believe, the most variety (I made sure each sex toy was different).

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home