Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Femdom erotica sale this week: Yes, Ma'am: Erotic Stories of Male Submission is just $1.99!

Short version: my femdom BDSM erotica anthology Yes, Ma'am: Erotic Stories of Male Submission is only $1.99 this week on Kindle, Nook, Google Play, iBooks and Kobo. Bonus good news: this week only, the Yes, Ma'am audiobook is only $3.99, so you can read or listen (or both) for a much lower than usual price. It's for sale on Audible or Amazon. Below is what's in the book and me taking a moment to remind myself how far I've come. If you've already read it or read it now for the first time, I'd love if you shared your honest opinion about it wherever you purchased it or on Goodreads. Those reviews help sustain a book like this and keep it alive (yes, I have plenty of books I've edited that are out of print, never to be revived, not available in ebook or audiobook form, so this matters to me.)

RKB-Book-Promo-Yes-Ma'am

What's in this fantastic femdom collection?

Yes, Ma'am table of contents

Introduction: Giving It Up: Letting Her Rule

Zero Sum Game Alex Mendra
Secret Desires Ellen Tevault
Tea for Three Lee Ash
Exhibit A Chris Cooper
A Different Kind of Reality Show D. L. King
Secretary’s Day Rachel Kramer Bussel
Wedding Night Dominic Santi
Flash Alison Tyler
It’s Cold Outside Stephen Elliott
An Invitation to the Dance Sylvane Alistair
Sticking with You L. E. Bland
i 1t u 2 do sumfin 4 me George Cross
Rope Burn A. D. R. Forte
His Lady’s Manservant Andrea Dale
Taming the Unruly Debra Hyde
The Big What Michael Hemmingson
The Mean Girl Teresa Noelle Roberts
Connection Kristina Wright

Introduction
Giving It Up: Letting Her Rule

“What makes a man cower before a powerful woman?” I asked in my call for submissions for this book. What you’ll find here are numerous answers to that question, though surely there are infinitely more waiting to be written. Men are the ones gifted with all sorts of power in our society, but our dirty little secret is that so many of them long to strip themselves of this power, to be tied down, gagged, spanked, taken, owned. They want to be made to do a woman’s bidding, whether that means being ordered into a threesome or put on full, naked display, as you will read about here. They want to ease the burdens of manliness, if only for a little while, to be “ordered” to do all the naughty things they’ve dreamed of.

Submissive men are some of the most misunderstood, and invisible, sexual creatures around. Their voices simply aren’t heard in popular culture, though you’ll find them in plenty of bedrooms, in the blogosphere, and in fetish clubs. After putting together the anthologies He’s on Top and She’s on Top, I wanted to look at BDSM from the bottom’s perspective. Why would a man want to give up control? What does he get out of such an arrangement? These stories show you some of the tantalizing possibilities out there for sniveling men and the women who love them.

Men who crave the company of a dominant woman find her with wives, girlfriends, and dominatrices, sometimes bringing out the kinky tendencies of their partners, other times tapping into what’s already well developed, yet we rarely hear their authentic voices telling us what makes them shiver with fear and excitement. There’s still a taboo element to our leaders—in business, government, and the home—voluntarily relinquishing the top spot. Men are taught to be the hunters, not the hunted, and when the tables are turned, many are all too thrilled to be treated like scum. The flipside is that any woman who can lure a submissive man into her lair knows just how valuable a prize she’s gotten and will surely want to keep him happy, even if this means putting her foot down, literally, upon him, as the boss in “Secretary’s Day” does to her new hire.

“Masturbation without permission was strictly forbidden. This was the most difficult for me because I got so worked up being Rikka’s little whore that I desperately needed to jerk off,” writes Alex Mendra in “Zero Sum Game.” He describes his setup with the commanding Rikka as “perfection,” striving to be everything she desires, but delighting in each form of punishment she cooks up, whether a firm spanking across his ass or the sudsy scene she cooks up for him.

In Stephen Elliott’s “It’s Cold Outside,” the element of realism he so beautifully captures takes us far beyond the clichéd Catwoman fantasy into the stuff of real life, where a woman commandeers the body of the narrator while her boyfriend is asleep. She leaves him tied up, helpless—and horny, and he takes her marks with him, literally and figuratively, when they part.

In “The Mean Girl,” Teresa Noelle Roberts writes of a man reminiscing about his first fantasy domme, now embodied by his real-life Cruella. “I tasted every humiliation I’d ever faced in my hopeless pursuit of Muffy Spaulding—made new and fresh and delicious because now it was coming from Heather, whom I loved. Whom I really did worship, kinky games aside.”

There’s also plenty of humor here. In “A Different Sort of Reality Show” by D. L. King, the author takes us behind the TV screen, where a man is controlled by a cacophony of women’s voices, each taking more delight than the next in ordering him to humiliate himself for their pleasure.

Debra Hyde encapsulates perfectly why the “unruly” man doesn’t just wish to be tamed, but needs to be. “Fear no longer dominates; submission does. I am vessel and vassal—tool and toy, the means to her pleasure. I am hers.” If those words resonate with you, making you long for a woman to come along and grab you by the scruff of your neck, or order you to your knees, or simply control you with one fierce, all-knowing look, then this is the book for you. Go ahead, say the words out loud: “Yes, Ma’am.” Wherever your domme is, she’ll hear you.

Rachel Kramer Bussel
New York City June 2007

This is one of my earliest anthologies, finished so long ago I had to formally go back and remind myself what's inside it, which is exactly what I needed this week. Why? Because lately I've been having a tough time, trying to figure out where to go next, what path to follow, or forge. I still don't know but am exploring new possibilities, ones that may be better suited to my talents and needs. So seeing work I produced when I was almost a decade younger, work that stands the test of time helps remind me that I do have the power to create, whatever that next creation looks like. It also reminds me what I love about the anthology editing process: getting to work with a range of writers, with very different styles and approaches, which I will be doing in a few short weeks for Best Women's Erotica of the Year, Volume 2. I have largely moved away from anthology editing to other types of work, but it's an honor to get to work with women from around the world, one I don't want to take lightly. (If you know any women, especially women who might have great erotic stories lurking inside them but have never written erotica or thought of themselves as "erotica writers," I'd love if you'd pass on the call for submissions. The April 1 deadline is fast approaching!)

I do believe in signs, in reminders, in prods in the right direction when I can't provide them for myself, and while it's gratifying to see my book at 500 in the entire Kindle store (and charting on the Audible audiobook erotica bestseller list), it's even more gratifying to know that something I completed so long ago is still in print, still viable, still valuable to readers who may be exploring kinky sex for the first time or the four thousandth time. I can't and will never speak for anyone else, but for me, I needed that reminder to help me move forward, no matter what the future looks like.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home