Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Monday, October 19, 2015

So Sweet by Rebekah Weatherspoon is a sexy sugar baby read

In my Amazon review of the new sugar baby novella So Sweet by Rebekah Weatherspoon, I called it "a new twist on the billionaire romance," which I think is a valid description. I don't tend to read a lot of billionaire stories because the very word, "billionaire" can feel off-putting to me. But this one's different. Why? Here's what I wrote after I read this novella:
I was intrigued by So Sweet because it looks at love, lust and money in a way that's different from other billionaire books. Kayla isn't an wide-eyed ingenue; she's a cute, chubby single black woman who's on the broke side, and reluctantly agrees to try sugar baby/sugar daddy site Arrangements. She's still skeptical when she goes to her first party, but quickly becomes intrigued by a hot billionaire, Michael, who doesn't quite fit the stereotype she has of sugar daddies. He's sexy, although pushing 50, and he's refreshingly candid about his money and his motives. Watching their romance unfold, as well as drama with her roommate and family as they adjust to this new twist in Kayla's life, is fun. Kayla is a realistic character, and Weatherspoon has her be a voice of reason, rather than simply getting swept away by the mere prospect of a cute guy with money. She knows the value of money, but falls for Michael for who he is inside, not what he can provide for her. This is a sexy twist on the modern billionaire romance, and I look forward to the next installment in February.
I'm a fan of Rebekah Weatherspoon, who spoke on my panel last year at CatalystCon on erotica, and who's one of the authors I interview in my LitReactor writing class. This novella captures a world I know very little about, sugar baby dating, and brings it to life. It also treats money realistically, especially from Kayla's perspective. If you've ever dated while broke, I think you'll especially appreciate it. You can get the ebook on Amazon, Kobo, Inktera or Nook.

sosweetcover

Official description:
Desperate times call for desperate measures…

And desperate is the only way to describe Kayla Davis’s current situation. Out of work and almost out of money to cover her bills, Kayla finally caves to her roommate’s nagging and follows her to Arrangements, an online dating site that matches pretty young women with older men of a certain tax bracket.

Convinced this “make-rent-quick” scheme will surely fail—or saddle her with an 80 year old boyfriend—Kayla is shocked when Michael Bradbury, Internet billionaire and stone-cold salt and pepper fox, offers her a solution to all her financial troubles.
It’s hard enough for Kayla to accept his generosity, but what’s a girl to do when the wealthiest man she’s ever met is a dream in and outside of the bedroom?

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home