Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Thursday, March 05, 2015

My sex column on STI testing and one man show Cootie Catcher by Lucas Brooks

Lucas Brooks photo by Cameron Cole
photo of Lucas Brooks by Cameron Cole

When I saw Cootie Catcher last Monday, it was a bitterly cold night, and I'm writing this from a snowy morning as I get ready to head to JFK and hope my flight to Houston for a short but much-needed vacation pans out. This winter, the one thing I've enjoyed is shoveling snow, because it's a novelty for me as a lifelong apartment dweller before last year. But I'm ready for things to warm up.

Back to my column: I timed this week's, entitled "The man behind the 'Cootie Catcher' show wants you to get tested" online (it's also in the print paper) to run while the show is still on. The show takes you through performer Lucas Brooks being tested for STIs such as HIV, gonorrhea and herpes as well as his sex life and experience with the medical community.

You have a chance to catch the show in New York tomorrow night, Friday, March 6th at 5:30 p.m. and also at CatalystCon, where Lucas will be on the "Sex on the Stage: Where Sexuality Meets Performance Art" panel. As always, if you like the column, please share it on Twitter, like it at the top of Philadelphia City Paper's site, spread the word! All of that helps me a lot, especially with my goal of writing this column for a long, long time. I welcome suggestions for future column topics at rachelkb at gmail.com with "City Paper" in the subject line. It's the second time I've gotten to write about theater in a sex column recently, which makes me very happy!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home