Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Why I don't have time to blog about Blogger shutting down sex blogs

I do know that this blog could likely disappear very soon with Blogger's purge of sex blogs happening soon. I don't even really think I'd call it a sex blog, more of a personal/professional/whatever I'm thinking blog, but I know there has been nudity and other things that I'm sure would be against Google policy. (Do follow @violetblue on Twitter for essential postings about this, and see her original reporting on it. She's also got great advice about switching from Blogger to another host.)

To be honest, as much as politically I think what Google is doing is crazy and bizarre, personally, I haven't had much time to post on this blog anyway. I wish I did, but income-generating work has taken precedent, especially now when I am teaching my LitReactor class, promoting my next one in May and other events, prepping for CatalysCon, planning to make a splash with my second favorite anthology of mine, Come Again: Sex Toy Erotica (sorry, The Big Book of Orgasms will always be my favorite), writing two sex columns and working on pieces for new for me publications, sadly, blogging has had to go by the wayside. Since I'm someone who right now feels like I'm working all the time, I don't anticipate that changing any time soon. TL:DR - I'm a little overwhelmed right now. Which is fine, but just doesn't leave much room for what feels less important than actual work deadlines. I'm trying to figure out how to better manage my time, but sometimes, you just have to work around the clock, and I'm grateful and honored to have the work to do so, because as a freelancer, I never know when any of my gigs will end.

So this blog may very soon go poof and disappear. My hope is that I can back it up. March is an incredibly busy month for me so I don't know that I will have time to truly look into an alternative, but if you find one day that this URL doesn't work, you can always find me on Twitter @raquelita, on Tumblr and via my newsletter. I'll have lots more writing to share very soon.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home