Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Saturday, May 04, 2013

Hi from RT

I don't have time to share everything that's been happening at RT Booklovers Convention, but wanted to give a little taste. Last night Avon Books had a wonderful party with a chocolate fondue fountain and FREE BOOKS! It's like the best thing ever. I got books by authors I love like Tera Lynn Childs as well as ones I've never heard of but am intrigued by, like 1920's NYC-set and Harry Houdini inspired YA Born of Illusion by Teri Brown. I've been seeing/meeting people like erotic romance novelist Skylar Kade and historical romance (among others) author Beverly Jenkins, who has a bibliography about California history in the back of Destiny's Embrace, and paranormal author Aprilynne Pike and Suleikha Snyder (check out her hot, poly Bollywood books Spice and Smoke and Spice and Secrets and Bollyamorous - what a title!), inspired by all the New Adult authors, like Cora Carmack, whose bio says in part: "I enjoy placing my characters in the most awkward situations possible, and then trying to help them get a boyfriend out of it. Awkward people need love, too." I'm also on the hunt for authors to submit to my 3 upcoming anthologies (that goes for anyone, I love working with new writers!). I'm also a fan of Entangled Publishing, especially their YA books like The Reece Malcolm List by Amy Spalding, and I am looking forward to their new YA release The Summer I Became a Nerd. Yesterday I attended the RT Awards and while it was a long ceremony, listening to the winners talk about, in John Scalzi's case, wanting his mother-in-law to read his books, or writing through a son's cancer treatment, or, like Tiffany Reisz, working in a bookstore and reading RT to find the smutty books and now being a bestselling, award winning author, I was very moved.

I'm very inspired and as soon as I kick this evil cold/cough and get settled into my new home in New Jersey I will be digging in to some exciting new writing projects. Here's some shots of the chocolate fountain, and the bacon I dipped in it:



Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home