Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

October 12th reading with Tristan Taormino, Laura Antoniou and Sinclair Sexsmith!

A heads up about this reading! I must admit that often I get contributor copies of anthologies I have stories in and...don't read them. Partly because I'm busy, partly because I feel like I have erotica overload and my leisure reading is often YA, memoir and mystery. This one, Take Me There: Trans and Genderqueer Erotica, though, I'll be devouring every story as soon as it comes in! And look, a cover blurb by Justin Vivian Bond, whose memoir Tango: My Childhood, Backwards and In High Heels I'm anxiously awaiting - I might not be able to hold out for the Nook edition and cave to the paperback. See more blurbs here.

October 12, 7:00 pm
Take Me There Reading @ Bluestockings

Join editor Tristan Taormino and local contributors as they read their work from Take Me There, a groundbreaking new collection of transgender and genderqueer erotica. Readers include legendary author of the Marketplace series Laura Antoniou, queen of erotica Rachel Kramer Bussel, and Sinclair Sexsmith of The Sugarbutch Chronicles.

Location: Bluestockings, 172 Allen Street (bet. Stanton and Rivington), NYC

Admission: Free and open to all. We will pass around the hat to help support Bluestockings, so please give what you can.



There will be other Take Me There events with Tristan; see her site for details.

Official Take Me There description:

In mainstream media, the erotic identities, sex lives, and fantasies of transgender and genderqueer people are often oversimplified, sensationalized, or invisible. Take Me There is an erotica collection unlike any other that celebrates the pleasure, heat, and diversity of transgender and genderqueer sexualities. The power of seeing and being seen is a central theme in the anthology; it’s not simply about passing or not passing (an idea often explored with transgender characters), but about being acknowledged and desired in a sexual context.

The book takes you from San Francisco to Israel, from heartache to lust, from stranger sex to a 10 year anniversary, from ballet shoes to butt plug bondage tables, from fumbling teenagers to leatherclad bears, from MTF and FTM—and in between and beyond.

Featuring renowned authors Kate Bornstein (Gender Outlaws: The Next Generation), Patrick Califia (Speaking Sex to Power), S. Bear Bergman (Butch is a Noun), Ivan Coyote (Missed Her), Julia Serrano (Whipping Girl), Laura Antoniou (The Marketplace), Helen Boyd (My Husband Betty), Rachel Kramer Bussel (Gotta Have It), Toni Amato (Pinned Down by Pronouns), Alicia E. Goranson (Supervillianz), filmmaker Tobi Hill-Meyer, musician Rahne Alexander, songwriter Shawna Virago, bloggers Andrea Zanin and Sinclair Sexsmith, and more.

I'm also revisiting Tristan Taormino's book Opening Up (also available for Kindle) because it's become newly relevant to my life (I'm not in an open relationship, but I am attracted to people who are). Visit OpeningUp.net for more information.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home