Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Sunday, February 06, 2011

Best Bondage Erotica 2011 reviews

I'm bad at keeping track of reviews so just Googled and found a few that I know I hadn't seen before for Best Bondage Erotica 2011. I really liked this one at Sweltering Celt because it got at the heart of what I'm hoping to do with the series:

Imagine my surprise when not only were the stories in BBE11 well written, grammatically sound (hey, that’s important to me) and arranged brilliantly, but they were in fact some of the best I’ve read. I appreciated that some didn’t necessarily speak to my kinks but were still hot. I loved that some stories had my pussy throbbing until I could hardly hold on to the book, and others had me clenching it in my hands, aching for more after the story ended. A rare few had me nearly screaming in frustration, wanting more of the authors’ imaginations to speak to me from the pages. But the common thread among all of the stories was the soul of the characters – the unyielding, concentrated spirit that lives within strong individuals who choose kink...

Finally, the last thing I’m going to say in this short and sweet review is that I am amazed at the diversity of the anthology. Points of view I had never even considered were explored and devoured in BBE11. I could FEEL how a top might have felt in the situation. I could sense a bottom’s excitement and a newcomer’s trepidation. I could put myself in many different shoes and because of that, I gained some incredible new perspectives. I enjoyed that, more than I expected.


Thank you! Another review at EdenFantasys lamented the lack of stories from a dominant POV. I commented there, and have written about this, but there is such a skewed ratio of stories I get, almost always, and my off-the-top-of-my-head-guess is that unless the book is specifically about female domination, for a general anthology about spanking or bondage, I get about 80% of stories with female submissives and male dominants, from the female's POV. I'd love to see that ratio played with, and do my best to seek out and publish stories that don't fit that mold. At the same time, female submission is obviously something that people want to read, because Please, Sir sold out its first printing pretty quickly, and in general, my female submission anthologies outsell the male submission ones. But that being said, I'd love to see some more dominant viewpoints for Best Bondage Erotica 2012. Deadline is April 1st! Trust me, with every anthology I get so excited when someone just nails the topic in a way that is totally fresh, new and hot. It's hard to pin it down more than a vague "I know it when I see it," but I all my calls for submissions are truly open and I look forward to reading the stories that truly stun me with their creativity, the ones I never could've conceived of on my own, the ones that just grab you and don't let go (as long as you stick to the guidelines).

You can read the introduction here.




Want a postcard with this crazy hot cover on it sent to you (US only)? Email bestbondage2011 at gmail.com with "postcard" in the subject and your mailing address - and to those who've requested them, they're coming soon!

Order Best Bondage Erotica 2011 from:

Amazon.com

Kindle edition

Bn.com (Barnes & Noble)

Books-a-Million

Borders

Powell's

IndieBound (find your local independent bookstore)

Cleis Press

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home