Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Why it sucks (ha ha) to be a sex writer sometimes

It's this Facebook message (below in ital), from David Cohen, who I don't know and whose friend request I obviously denied, that sometimes make me hate being a "sex writer." Despise it. Want to run away and live in the woods. Not that I really care all that much what "other people" think, and my next column is about social media and public perception (and this very phenomenon), but still. It's very challenging not to want to virtually kick someone in the balls, you know? I guess the part that mainly gets to me is...is this "my audience?" Is this who's buying my books, who I'm sending postcards to, who I should be pandering to in my marketing? I sure fucking hope not, but I truly wonder sometimes. Hopefully there are more of the good guys (and girls) than bad guys out there. And hopefully there is a way to block people on Facebook from contacting you. There should be a stupid clause, like Gmail's beer goggles app.

hey i know you like to give blowjobs and ive never gotten one before... care to help?

1 Comments:

At January 18, 2011, Blogger R.S. Bohn said...

It's an unfortunate phenomenon, and it's partly why I don't write erotica anymore. Partly.

I look forward to reading about public perception and social networking. For any author of such visibility, it's an issue, but I think for the writer of erotica -- plain ol' smut to me -- it's almost an entirely different animal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home