Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

The key phrase being "EZ pass to my pussy"

Or, yes, I hooked up with a stranger at the Hotlanta airport last year. And New York Press published my essay in their "Flavor of the Week" column. It's my first time being published there. I had sent it to Marie Claire because they have an excellent sex and love section with both reported and first-person pieces, but I never heard back. Not giving up; someday I'd love to have a piece published there. Big thanks to Jerry Portwood for including this and for the cool artwork.

Just as I found a spot to settle in, a very cute guy sat down across from me. “You were going to New York, too?” he asked in a sexy accent. He was from Costa Rica, making his virgin visit to The Big Apple, and in the same boat as I was. He planned to sightsee, and pick up gifts for his 6-year-old son. Even more than being drop-dead gorgeous, telling me you have kids is a way to make me instantly interested. It’s like the EZ Pass to my pussy, because it says all at once that you’re caring, protective, tender and loving—at least it does in my head. Whereas he’d only been a cute guy before, now he was a Cute Guy With a Kid. Not that I was planning to fool around with him, but I certainly trusted him more than I had when he sat down. We got snacks and kept on talking, and soon we wound up huddled in a far corner of the airport under a TV with CNN on an endless loop.



Been a long day, have to get some erotica out the door, promote In The Flesh which is now only two short weeks away (well, from tomorrow) and trying to wrap up Please, Sir. Got from WNYC asking me to go on tomorrow to talk about Mark Sanford, then calling back a few hours later saying they don't need me. Glad I didn't do too much research, but need to get my focus back. Though what I really really need is a long weekend on a quiet beach, but that'll have to wait a few months.

In other words, my nails are getting crazy bitten, I need to settle on new glasses this weekend, my royalty check is sadly smaller than the last one (despite more books being out, boo) and because I didn't do it last weekend, I fully intend to get myself to Greenhouse Holistic this weekend for a massage. Thank goodness it's a 3 day weekend.

I'm leaving it til the last minute as to whether I'm going to the RWA Conference. I've never been and frankly am a bit intimidated, plus it's rather pricey, but I'm leaning towards it. Anyway, no more blogging cause I can barely cross one tiny item off my to do list, but am gonna make an effort. Am also crazy sore from my first personal training session at my new gym, New York Sports Club. My trainer totally kicked my ass yesterday, and I'm seeing her again Tuesday. Was a reminder just how out of shape I am, and my legs are feeling it now.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home