Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Friday, February 13, 2009

Yes, Lucky Charms soft serve ice cream is as delicious as it sounds

Lucky Charms soft serve ice cream, Momofuku Milk Bar

Unfortunately, my photo doesn't bring out the green color quite enough, but nonetheless, the new soft serve cereal flavors at Momofuku Milk Bar are amazing. Well, I didn't try them all (Cap'n Crunch, Lucky Charms, Fruity Pebbles and cereal milk infused with Corn Flakes) but I did taste Cap'n Crunch and ate most of this Lucky Charms one ($4).

I didn't finish it because it was so rich, I didn't need to. What I've always loved about Lucky Charms is the combination of sweet and salty. I usually eat the marshmallows or the cereal bits, one at a time. In this ice cream, they're all mashed together into luxurious very creamy ice cream, and you get a taste of Lucky Charms you don't even get when you let it soak forever in milk. The Cap'n Crunch was good but I doubt I could get through too much of it; if you love Cap'n Crunch, though, obviously try that. You can also get these cereals, and other treats like charred marshmallows, as toppings, so yes, you could get Fruity Pebbles soft serve...with Fruity Pebbles on top.

Plus, they served it with a spork - that made me smile!

Spork!

It's quite the scene there, whether on a weekend afternoon or rainy New York night, even just before closing at midnight (that's when I went on Wednesday, the first day they were serving these cereal soft serve flavors - Fruity Pebbles was sold out). It's entertaining to people watch and eavesdrop as customers marvel over the crazy creations. Next time I go with someone, I want to try a gigantic (they only seem to do cake slices in gigantic) slice of their banana cake, which looked amazing. I think this photo below is of a different cake, but that gives you a sense of the magnitude; unless you're super super hungry, best to share.

Cake at Momofuku Milk Bar

Of their soft serve, Zach Brooks of Midtown Lunch and Serious Eats (and my SXSW foodblogging panel March 17th!) said:

"When I eat this (the salty pistachio soft serve) I feel like I'm cheating on my wife."--SE: NY's Zach Brooks, considering how much trouble he was going to be in when his wife found out he went to the Momofuku Bakery friends and family soft opening without her.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home