Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Sunday, September 28, 2008

I can't get enough of Baked

I'm newly in food lust with Baked, the Red Hook, Brooklyn bakery known for its spicy brownie. I will have my own photo set up (major points for their orange and white and wood decorating scheme and cool merchandising) soon, but for now, there's this one of me eating a whoopie pie with peanut butter frosting in the middle! I made two visits to Baked this past week, and let's just say, it's not the easiest place to get to, though I've got the hang of it now, but it's so so worth it. I even learned about the Ikea ferry, which is free and nobody checks that you actually went to Ikea. So check out Baked, even if you're not in New York. They also do mail order for treats like their amazing homemade marshmallows and granola. I recommend the cupcakes (especially Oreo and red velvet), of course, and the peanut butter rice krispy bar, the macaroon, and the s'mores bar, but I will be back to sample more treats very soon.

See the rest of Sandy, the Milwaukee Cupcake Queen's photos from her NYC visit, and you too can be impressed with the number of bakeries she managed to hit up in only 36 hours! It was great to meet her and I'll have 2 interviews with her up this week, along with an interview with the co-owner of Baked, over at Cupcakes Take the Cake.

1 Comments:

At September 28, 2008, Blogger David Cooper said...

They also make pretty good sandwiches should one want a light meal before dessert. Down the street is the BWAC art exhibit where one can be photographed shooting Sarah Palin as well as viewing my wife's paintings.

Re: your YK tweet of a few days ago: go to shul; since you'll have been fasting you might as well enjoy the catharsis of hearing the final shofar blast.

Shana tova,
David (bklnpoet on tweeter)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home