Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Debutante Ball, 2009 edition

This is just the kick in the ass I need. I am finishing the increasingly small but increasingly impossible kick my ass challenging bit there is left to my novel. It's late and I feel guilty about it every day, even though I know that's pointless. I have so many fears and worries that I often just don't even know how to write a word there. But I am starting to finally believe in my very special virgin. It's gonna happen, and soon, and then I will not be all doom and gloom as I've been for much of the last year.

GOT PEARLS?

How about a debut book slated to launch in 2009 by a major publisher?

The Debutante Ball (www.thedebutanteball.com), is launching a Debutante Search for a group of five debut authors for the 2009 Debutante Season.

The Debutante Ball is a popular group blog of six debut authors, including Eileen Cook (Unpredictable), Jenny Gardiner (Sleeping with Ward Cleaver), Lisa Daily (Fifteen Minutes of Shame), Jess Riley (Driving Sideways), Danielle Younge-Ullman (Falling Under) and Gail Konop Baker (Cancer is a Bitch: Or, I’d Rather Be Having a Midlife Crisis).

The wildly successful grog (group blog) has attracted a loyal following with publishing insiders, media and readers, and such notable “guest debutantes” as John Grisham, Jodi Picoult, Meg Cabot, Meg Tilly and Sex and The City’s Evan Handler. The 2008 Debutantes will pass their tiaras to the 2009 Debutantes in September.

Applicants must have a debut book slated to launch in 2009 by a major publisher or established small press. Deadline for applications is July 1.


Visit the Debs for details (and to read their Evan Handler interview)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home