Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

I eat lunch at The Pump



A few weeks ago, the wonderful Zach of Midtown Lunch interviewed me for his weekly profile.

Since I'm kindof obsessed with healthy food chain The Pump, I praised them. Every week, I drop a business card into their little fishbowl, and I recently found out I won 10 sandwiches! (To share, people, to share.) Very excited about that and highly recommend The Pump. I promise it tastes better than the whole no oil/no white flour stuff makes it sound. I recommend the Olympic Games, Lean and Mean, Lean Body, and Homerun (yes, the names are a little funny). Note: the cupcake in the photo above is from Magnolia Bakery, not The Pump!

The “go-to” lunch place you and your co-workers eat at too often: The Pump – it’s on my way back to work from my gym, Crossfit NYC, and I love it because you can get anything on the menu and it’s cheap and healthy. And for any naysayers who think “no oil, no fried foods, no white flour, no sugar, etc.” means it tastes bland, that’s so not true. Plus they have fun names like “Big Arms” and “Lean and Mean.” And hot sauce. Mmm…hot sauce. Really, everything I’ve gotten there is delicious, and I go so often they know my name. I’m very much a creature of habit and really like having one place where I know what my favorites are and it’s cheap and easy and also healthy; I am not a health freak but after I work out it makes sense to me to eat something not drowned in oil. Plus I like vegetables but don’t always eat enough of them so most anything I get from the Pump has spinach or broccoli. (Four Locations in Midtown)

Labels:

3 Comments:

At April 01, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howard Stern mentions Pump often. He orders his lunch from there every day.

 
At April 01, 2008, Blogger Stacie Joy said...

Congrats, Rachel! I never win anything, so I am extra-excited for you. Yay!! And I'm still overstimulated by the Cupcakes Take the Cake take on Martha show. Tee hee!!

 
At April 05, 2008, Blogger Amber Rhea said...

Love that photo... very cute. :)

(And I just realized this comment would sound super creepy if I were just a random commenter.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home