Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Monday, August 01, 2011

Goodbye July



I for one am thrilled July is over. It was a tough, challenging month but I'm hoping a lot of good came out of all the sweat and tears and I'm entering the second half of 2011 with lots of new goals and new beginnings. I bought this bookmark at Bunch of Grapes Bookstore on Martha's Vineyard this weekend and like it a lot; it reminds me of what I'm aiming for.

I'm saving up for, well, lots of things, long and short term, like motherhood and a "warrior" tattoo in hot pink, if they do tattoos in hot pink (neither, obviously, tomorrow, I don't have an exact timeline, but sooner rather than later works for me). Neither may pan out, but I'm trying to prepare myself. Better late than never!

I'm unequivocally glad July is over. I don't know if I'd say it's been the hardest month of the year so far, but right up there. It made me feel like I hadn't progressed at all since January, and then all of a sudden, I found so many guides and authors and belief systems and new starts. I guess, to put it in as hokey a way as possible, I found hope, when I didn't have much of it. I'm laying off the personal blogging, maybe forever, but at least for August, but hopefully will have a few tidbits of writing to share soon (keep your fingers crossed), and if you want to hear from me daily, check out Cupcakes Take the Cake.

And I learned, very, very clearly, that I am the only person who can save my day, any day. Working to tune everyone else that I don't need is not easy but I feel so much prouder and stronger and, ultimately, happier, when I figure things out for myself. I often take the long, long way, and probably always will, but I'm getting there, one day at a time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home