Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch me talk about my debut as an author, Sex & Cupcakes: A Juicy Collection of Essays, in this Q&A with my publisher Thought Catalog Books

Monday, June 27, 2011

Learn from my mistakes: never book a plane ticket on good faith

A heads up: I will only be doing one event in London, the July 2 reading at Sh!. I want to impart my lesson to you because I never would have booked the trip if I'd known I was only doing one reading. It just makes zero financial sense. I will deal with it but this is not a year for me to be wasting money, so authors, especially those funding their own events: do not ever take anyone's word for anything. I should've known that, and you should too (like, DUH, right?), but sometimes we (or maybe just me) are too trusting/gullible when it comes to business, and pay the price for it. So I would just warn you to always get something in writing when it comes to events. I will take that advice if I do any future events, though I have no plans to save for a joint event I'm working on for Las Vegas in September. I am going to focus on what I want to be doing: writing and editing. I have done enough readings to last my lifetime, I think and will leave entertaining to the professionals who love being on stage. I don't, except as a host.

My week is too insane and there is literally nothing I can do about it for me to be too upset, but I do feel a little foolish and naive. The only thing I can proactively do is let you know not to make my mistakes. I am most upset with myself, because I'm the one who bought the ticket and agreed to go without truly investigating everything and that is very poor decision making on my end, for someone in my financial situation. Not something to be proud of at 35. Live and learn. As I said, this is the last year I plan to do any readings outside New York City. I want to travel not like a crazy person who is always working and hustling and begging people to come to events and spending money like a rich girl, but someone who can fully appreciate her time in other locations. New me, indeed! Overhaul is in place right this very second. I'll chalk this error up to the old me.

That being said: London! I am excited to have time to explore and see friends and enjoy myself. It'll leave me more time for fun and hopefully will draw more people to Sh!, who have been professional, prompt, enthusiastic, supportive and wonderful. My first London reading is going to be a success, I predict.

July 2, 6:30-9:30 pm

LONDON READING AT SH!
Join New York-based author and erotica editor Rachel Kramer Bussel for her first UK reading. She will be joined by authors Janine Ashbless, Jacqueline Applebee, Justine Elyot, KD Grace, Kay Jaybee and Carmel Lockyer, reading steamy selections from books such as Orgasmic, Smooth, Best Bondage Erotica 2011 and Gotta Have It: 69 Stories of Sudden Sex.

Free cupcakes and bubbly while supplies last!

Books will be available for sale and signing.

True to our female focused ethos, we ask that male guests are accompanied by a woman.

Spaces are limited, so make sure to book your space early as this FREE event will fill up quickly! Email us at shop at sh-womenstore.com and we'll add your name to the guest list!

Sh! Women's Erotic Emporium
57 Hoxton Square
London N1 6PB

Please pass this on: Facebook invite

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home