Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Sunday, April 05, 2009

Happy

I don't have tons to say today, in part cause it's a gorgeous day, I'm on a few deadlines, have some errands to run and friends to visit, but I did want to just say how happy I am with the guy I'm seeing (aka "dating" aka "hanging out with"). I don't really know exactly what the word is and we're not necessarily "boyfriend/girlfriend," and that's actually totally fine. I've just taken to calling him "my guy," and there was this period before we hooked up that I was going to singles events and trying to meet people and then, of course, I met someone in the most random way possible.

We've known each other for a long time (like 10 years) and what's been interesting the past six weeks or so is really getting to know each other, things that you can only know from spending an extended amount of time with someone, seeing them at different hours, in intimate ways. It's not the sex per se, though that's, um, really good, to put it mildly. It's all of it and I think what I appreciate the most is that it's just really comfortable. There isn't the whole drama of dating that can happen, the "what does he think? what's happening" bullshit.

I don't know exactly "where it's going" and I don't feel compelled at this moment to try to figure that out. I just know that we like spending time together. I get to visit this area of New York I've never really spent much time in. Last night he met some of my friends and I realized that when the person you're dating meets one of your closest friends, you get to observe them in a different way than you do when you're talking to them. So yeah, I could try to be more coherent but this isn't an essay, just a blog post because I thought I should share.

I'm sitting on the floor of his apartment (my preferred spot, in his place and mine, I just like floors) and the sun is coming through the window and I'm getting ready to head out, but wanted to just write that down.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At April 05, 2009, Anonymous neve black said...

Good for you, Rachel. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home