Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The Funny

I am like the city's worst comedy fan these days, but once in a while I do get to a show. (I'm not complaining as most of the time now when I go, everything is new to me, it's just surreal to have once known everything about what was going on and now have almost no clue.) Tonight it happened to be Best of Miscellaneous rejections, and I let me just say that Joe Mande's letters to Maury Povich were once again hilarious, and my game show-loving self delighted in the Wheel of Fortune segment, but Rich Zeroth's phone call to Orbitz (he read off an impossibly long confirmation number until he just gave up) was freaking hilarious.

And if I hadn't seen The Defibulators broken banjo for myself, I wouldn't have been quite as tickled about "Banj-aid," a benefit next week for their run over banjo. Check it out:

‘Banj-Aid’




Date: Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Time: 8:00PM


Location: Ace of Clubs

Address: 9 Great Jones Street


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



Also on the funny front, from the awesome Susie Felber, with some acting by Andres du Bouchet and Susie's adorable baby son Hugo:

2 Comments:

At June 14, 2007, Blogger sinclair sexsmith said...

hey! come out to poetry vs comedy!

monday 6/18, bowery poetry club
8:00pm – 9:30pm
Cheryl B. Presents PVC: The Poetry Vs. Comedy Variety Show Gay Pride Spectacular $6
PVC is neither a typical poetry slam nor a regular stand-up comedy show. PVC is a battle of wits and rhymes where the stanzas and the stand-up collide. The show was created by writer and literary series curator Cheryl B. and is emceed by comedian Carolyn Castiglia.

On June 18th, don't miss PVC's first annual Gay Pride Spectacular! EMCEE: Carolyn Castiglia (Caroline’s) COMEDIANS: Claudia Cogan (Check Your Cool), Christian Cintron (Menaga a Ha), Michael Cyril Creighton (VH1's Best Night Ever Podcast).POETS: Robin Cloud (Under The Pink Carpet), Zaedryn Meade (Best Lesbian Erotica) MUSICAL GUEST: Shawn Hollenbach (Thursgay).

 
At June 18, 2007, Blogger Susie Felber said...

Hey, thanks for the posting RKB! You rock, as ever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home