Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

in love with a blog

Can you fall in love with a blog? I'm not sure, but I think so, especially if it's written by one of your favorite writers (and people in general) and it's called "the pen and the poop."

And it has adorable baby photos and is about the reality of being a mom and a writer, by the every awesome Elise Miller, author of the chick lit novel that made me cry, Star Craving Mad (coming sometime to a theater near you). I met Elise through her reading series East Side Oral, and was immediately smitten. Her and her husband Bryan Miller of Millers Farm, and their two kids, Ry and Frankie, are seriously just the most adorable family in Brooklyn. Okay, one of the most adorable, because I'm sure I've offended someone. They are truly some of the kindest, sweetest, most wonderful people I've ever met, both fabulously creative and they support each other in their art. I mean, I heard Bryan sit down at the piano once and say, "This song was written by the man who gave my wife her first orgasm." How freaking awesome is that? (See her essay "Some Great Reward" at Fresh Yarn if you don't know what I'm talking about.)

I also love that Elise says her blog is about "the monstrous dark me with the rainbows-and-sunshine me." Brilliant. And here she is on an overly flirtatious bartender chick:

I concocted all sorts of zingers and kung-fu moves to flatten her ass into the grime-smeared floor, but me being me, confrontation of any sort never came to pass.

Plus there's a photo of her eating a cupcake! And the kiddie top 5 is seriously almost too much for me (Frankie's includes drooling and "pulling dishes full of hot food off the table.") What's not to love? You can also check out her novel but do go to her site and read all you can, it's so worth it. Her blog has not only made my day but my whole month. Yes, I am hopelessly dorky and geeky, especially when it comes to tiny humans, but I just can't help it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home