Email: rachelkramerbussel at gmail.com



 

Lusty Lady

BLOG OF RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL
Watch my first and favorite book trailer for Spanked: Red-Cheeked Erotica. Get Spanked in print and ebook

Friday, December 02, 2005

moving on

I'm starting to edge toward being more professional. I am going to phase out writing certain things so that I can focus on what I really want to be doing. I don't necessarily need the Year to Live book to start making changes. So I won't be writing for some local sites, but I also won't be complaining about and resenting anything I'm working on. I just want to be more proactive professionally instead of waiting around and having to take any random opportunity that comes my way. Most of those turn out really well, but I don't think one's career should only be made by being passive. We'll see, I just feel like I've been bitching about these things and this week's actions sortof set in stark relief why I shouldn't be writing for websites for free anymore. Maybe I'll miss it, but maybe it'll spur me on. I'm just so over a whole lot of crap when it comes to my writing "career" and want to move on to the next level, and I can't do that following the path of take anything/work my ass off for free, with no real discernible benefit. I just don't want to feel so inferior and want to improve myself and I just feel like 2006 and being 30 needs to be a time for me to move ahead, not stagnate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home